Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Demonstrated the sling today... (Read 4231 times)
JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Demonstrated the sling today...
Oct 31st, 2003 at 12:20am

I saw a couple of old friends at a gun shop today.  I showed them my slings and they were impressed (they were just being polite.)  I also threw a few rocks for them.  Only had some 1 to 2 oz smooth stones lying around.  I got everyone over 300 ft and the largest much further.  I know this for certain because I threw them on the firing range.  I stood behind the bench and threw way over the 100 yd target and into the swamp beyond.  This with my very hurting arm!

I also waited until one of the guys went down to set up a target and spun one of my bull roarers.  Well, his reaction is quite indescribable in text form.  Suffice it to say that it was more impressive than my slinging.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

nemesis_3003
Tiro

hmmm now where my stone
go?

tennessee
Re: Demonstrated the sling today...
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2003 at 7:52pm

hey jeff,
how long where your cords??? for a hurting arm id say thats some good shootin!!!!!!! hehe
jack

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2003 at 8:22pm

34 inches or so, 32 or so actual from hand the way I hold it.

I was using a larger body motion.  Even so I was using the hurting arm.  I still worked, just hurt a lot.

300 to 400 feet seems pretty easy to achieve with fair technique.   We'll see if I can get more distance when I get well.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

nemesis_3003
Tiro

hmmm now where my stone
go?

tennessee
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2003 at 10:30pm

hehe i think ull get much further distances when u get well. wish u all the best!
jack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Kick, vetryan15)