Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Re: Pics
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2003 at 8:22pm

My dog was a great fan of the slinging, was loving to observe every shot into water even when I finished shoting he spurred me for more... well that is history yet.

Chris,

I think it would be great to get the picture of the whip in the stroboscopic light. It would make possible the exact analysis of all body and sling motion and even to estimate both the accceleration and the velocities. The movie is ok too, bat doesn't show the detailes well. Maybe a good digital camera can take the series of the enough quick and precise snapshots?

Quote:
Maybe the shutter was at 1/500 but you are just so too quick

I would like it is true, but then the medium velocity of my palm (on that picture) would be about 500 km/h (~300 miles/h) 8)

lenght of trail = ~30 cm
time = 1/500 s

30/(1/500) = 30 * 500 = 15000 cm/s = 150 m/s = 540 km/h = ~310 miles/h

I'm afraid, alas, the shutter was unwell at this moment. Sad

Jeff,

Interesting words about my gene pool, who know, maybe you are right... 8) Anyway, thanks for these nice words Smiley

David,

I hope I will also able to sent a video soon. It gives a lot informations. I'm interested to see different techniques and open for improve my ones.

Regarding your dog, I understand well what you felt at that time. Brrrrrr...

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #16 - May 12th, 2008 at 3:39am

I like your sling alright. i may try to make one in the near future. and as for george, is he still in tact?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Africa_Slinger

I love Slinging.org!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reply #17 - May 15th, 2008 at 2:27am

Grin

I think George is long gone, died of old age.

Coenie

Keep your shoulder to the wheel&&Your hand to the helm&&Your eye on the ball&&Your nose to the grindstone&&Your ear to the ground&&And you will not have time to put your foot in your mouth.&&&&(unknown)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker)