SPOOKYSHOGUN
Tiro

Stones want to fly so
let them. Sling proudly!

California
pleasantly surprised
Sep 27th, 2003 at 12:01pm

Hello all,

I was pleasantly surprised to happen upon this site. I'd like to introduce myself to you fellow slingers. My name is Michael and I've been slinging for 11 years. I make my slings out of leather with my own variations of the standard theme. I aspire to braid like WhipArtist though I may lack the patience. My latest sling fetish is sparring with my friends using tennis balls. I figured I may as well get a feel for the combative aspect but safely Smiley .It is great to find a group that shares the same passion for the sling. I look forward to communicating with all of you.

IP Logged

LeonX22

Whack!  Eat stone grasshopper!!!

Michigan, USA
Re: pleasantly surprised
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2003 at 3:56pm

Welcome Spookyshogun,

I think you'll find this site quite informative, and a darn good browse too. 

I like that tennis ball idea!  I haven't got to sling at anything moving yet.  I'll be sure to try that at my unsuspecting friends.  Thanks for the deviant idea!

hehe....

Leon

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2003 at 9:24pm

Welcome,

Cultivate your patience and you will succeed at the braiding.  I don't have the patience for it either.  Only in spurts of time.  The forum and website are awesome, have fun! 

Ben

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2003 at 11:34pm

Welcome to this most interesting and wonderful site.

I found Slinging.org only a couple of weeks ago myself, but have not been disappointed.

This site compiling what appears to be the largest online compilation of slinging information.

The members are quite friendly and informative as well.  Come by often and check out what is going on; you won't be let down.

JeffH <>< - who welcomes you!

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2003 at 1:59am

Welcome!

As with all new members, I look forward to your unique insights on the sling.  As several people have noted, the members on this forum are a great bunch which share a common enthusiasm for the sling.  I think everyone who has participated in the forum has learned something new, which is what this site strives to do; share knowledge about this truly fascinating weapon. 

Chris

IP Logged

bamaham93
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 10:03pm

[quote author=SPOOKYSHOGUN link=1064678465/0#0 date=1064678465]Hello all,
I My latest sling fetish is sparring with my friends using tennis balls. I figured I may as well get a feel for the combative aspect but safely Smiley .quote]

try paintballs.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 8:34am

[quote]This site compiling what [u]appears [/u]to be the largest online compilation of slinging information[/quote]

lmao - 'Appears'  - Is the largest - IS my friend.

As for paintballs - too light, I'm still working on a weighted sling pouch to get them up to a decent velocity without pulling a muscle.

As there are such a large number of newbies around at the moment - I'd like to take this moment to point out the vast number of topics that already exist on the forum - as pretty much every single new topic I've seen since getting back from wyoming is a copy of at least two others already existing.

Try looking through some of the 'older' topics before leaping in with a 'new' one :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 3:28pm

[quote author=curious_aardvark link=1064678465/0#6 date=1191155654][quote]This site compiling what [u]appears [/u]to be the largest online compilation of slinging information[/quote]

lmao - 'Appears'  - Is the largest - IS my friend. [/quote]
Aardvark, this is an old topic from 2003. If I am correct, in 2003 this forum was published so this site was relatively young back then. As it was quite young you could not know back then whether it was the largest or not, or could you?

[quote]Try looking through some of the 'older' topics before leaping in with a 'new' one :-) [/quote]
This [b]is[/b] an old topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)