Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Where To Buy A Good Sling (Read 5471 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Where To Buy A Good Sling
Sep 30th, 2007 at 9:10am

well as you can now just pm aussieslinger to get a good sling - the above posts are pretty much moot :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 12:48pm

Having read Mother Earth News I am having trouble believing that they would have an article about any kind of weapon, even a sling. I'm interested in ''green'' energy solutions and sustainable agriculture so I have read quite a few copies and I never saw anything about slings, Im going to see if they have an archive somewhere.

IP Logged

OrangeDuck

Annoying my Mom with Slings
since 9/6/07

San Fransisco Bay Area, U.S.A.
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 1:05pm

slinginginmass wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 12:48pm:
  Having read Mother Earth News I am having trouble believing that they would have an article about any kind of weapon, even a sling. I'm interested in ''green'' energy solutions and sustainable agriculture so I have read quite a few copies and I never saw anything about slings, Im going to see if they have an archive somewhere.

A quick google search found it for me. http://www.motherearthnews.com/DIY/1985-05-01/Making-and-Using-a-Venerable-Hand-...

OrangeDuck

orangeiguanaduck  
IP Logged

Dravonk
Funditor

Aachen, Germany
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 3:41pm

Again, where did the old posts go?! Shocked

Aardvark...?? Wink

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:06pm

I'm an old time reader of the MEN. My mother was a subscriber back in the early '80's. They have changed thier format drasticly since then. It's one of the reasons that I don't subscribe to them.

Yep they had articles on Slings, Bowguns, Crossbows,Making your own knives etc.

This is one of the reason the older issues are such hot commodities in the homesteader and serious back to nature/self sufficent communities as compared to the feel good yuppie stuff they are currently producing.

yes go to thier webpage and use the search function it'll call up previous articles.

Marc Adkins

slinginginmass wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 12:48pm:

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Chris, joe_meadmaker)